As you continue your holiday shopping, the Fort Worth Police Department shares these crime prevention tips:
- Shop during daylight hours whenever possible. If you must shop at night, go with a friend or family member.
- Avoid wearing expensive jewelry.
- Do not carry a purse or wallet, if possible.
- Stay alert to your surroundings.
- Avoid carrying large amounts of cash. Pay with credit cards if possible.
- Do not leave any items visible in your vehicle: Take, lock and hide.
- Avoid overloading yourself with packages. It’s important to have clear visibility and freedom of motion to avoid mishaps.
- Beware of strangers approaching you for any reason. At this time of year, con artists may try various methods of distracting you with the intention of taking your money or belongings.
View full post on City News