The Carroll ISD School Board held a meeting Monday, October 2. The agenda included the details on filling the Place 7 vacancy, the approval of architectural services for various bond projects, and other items.
The meeting began by recognizing Carroll ISD’s 22 National Merit Semi-Finalists. Shawn Duhon, Carroll Senior High School Principal, introduced the group to the Board. These academically talented high school seniors scored in the top 1% of students nationwide on the PSAT and now have an opportunity to continue in the competition for some 7,500 National Merit Scholarships worth more than $32 million that will be offered next spring. For the full story on these outstanding students, click here.
After the Board returned from closed session, the process for filling the vacancy in Place 7 was laid out in detail. This vacancy occurred when former Board President Chris Archer was elected to Southlake City Council in the recent election. President Sheri Mills thanked the 38 applicants that submitted before the noon deadline. The Board has reviewed the applications and will be calling a special meeting on Tuesday, October 10 at 8:30 a.m., to interview finalists. The Board will swear in the new Board member at the October 16 regular meeting.
Other items voted on during the October 2 Board Meeting included:
- The Board approved one Paraprofessional FTE to be used as a receptionist at the Administration Center.
- Trustees approved Second Reading for the adoption of Localized Policy Update 108 as presented.
- The Board approved the use of Glenn/Partners, LPA, Natex & Stantec to create a group of architectural firms for Type 1 projects & related items.
- The Board approved the use of Brinkley Sargent Wiginton Architects for the Aquatics Center project and other related items.
- Trustees also changed the date for the November Board meeting. The November 6 meeting will now be held on Monday, November 13.
View full post on MySouthlakeNews