It’s just October, but it’s time to start thinking about Christmas and Cowboy Santas.
The Cowboy Santas program is a charitable organization that provides toys to children 12 and under from low-income Tarrant County families during the holiday season. Applications will be accepted through Dec. 2.
There are three ways to sign up, including a new mail-in option:
1. Register at a CAP Center
Register at these locations:
- Andrew “Doc” Session Community Center, 201 S Sylvania Ave.
- Como Community Center, 4900 Horne St.
- Martin Luther King Jr. Community Center, 5565 Truman Drive.
- North Tri-Ethnic Community Center, 2950 Roosevelt Ave.
- Northside Community Center, 1100 N.W. 18th St.
- Southeast Arlington CAP Office, 1601 E. Lamar Blvd., Arlington.
- Southside Community Center, 959 E. Rosedale St.
- Worth Heights Community Center, 3551 New York Ave.
Registration is available at these sites on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 9-11:30 a.m. and 1-3:30 p.m.
2. Register at the Cowboy Santas warehouse
Families can register at the Cowboy Santas warehouse, 541 N. Main St., on Saturdays by appointment only. Call 817-392-5790 to set up an appointment. No walk-ins are allowed at this location.
3. Download and mail the application
New this year, families can download an application and mail it to Community Action Partners/Cowboy Santas, 4200 South Freeway, Suite 2325, Fort Worth, TX 76115.
Copies of these documents are required:
- Proof of current Tarrant County address.
- Proof of all household income for the past 30 days for occupants 18 years and older. This can include pay check stubs, Social Security benefits letters, disability letters, workers’ compensation or retirement benefits.
- Picture identification of the applicant, who must be 18 or older.
- Proof of age for children ages 12 and under, such as a birth certificate or immunization records.
- Social Security cards for all household members (this is preferred, but not required.)
View full post on City News