Congratulations to the City of Southlake for receiving the 2019 Certificate of Achievement for Planning Excellence from the American Planning Association Texas Chapter! This certificate recognizes the dedication and support shown by City Council, members of the Planning and Zoning Commission and City staff to uphold professional planning standards for the City.
The American Planning Association Texas Chapter awards city municipalities this certificate for planning excellence through their Richard R. Lillie, FAICP Planning Excellence Recognition Program. The goals of the program include:
- Increasing community awareness of the importance of planning;
- Recognizing planning departments which meet certain professional requirements;
- Recognizing planning efforts that have achieved community support;
- Encouraging the funding of professional training for Planning Commissioners and staff; and
- Aiding economic development and community image.
This marks the fifteenth consecutive year that the City of Southlake has been recognized for this award. The City scored well above the 100-point threshold to receive recognition. Some of the evaluation criteria include level of training of Planning Commissioners and professional staff, professional qualifications of the planning staff, formulating and updating master plan components, and completion of other planning related projects.
If you would like to view the certificate or have additional questions please visit the Planning and Development Services Department in Southlake Town Hall, Suite 310 or visit our webpage here.
View full post on MySouthlakeNews