Planning to take your family on a fun‐filled holiday vacation this winter?
You’ll want to sign up for the FREE Vacation House Watch program. Once you are signed up, officers with the Southlake Police Department will help keep an eye on your home while you’re out of town.
A police officer will check on your home (once per shift) to ensure it is locked, armed and secure. Homeowners are encouraged to utilize this program in order to feel safer and more comfortable about leaving their homes for an extended period of time.
If a homeowner wishes to request a date change, return early or extend their vacation, this can easily be done by calling the non-emergency number for our 911 dispatch center at 817‐743‐4522. Please include name, home address and new dates and the officers will be informed of the updated information.
Signing up for the Vacation House Watch Program is easy. Simply complete the online form on the City of Southlake website and submit it electronically. For more information about the Vacation House Watch Program click here .
Tips for Keeping Your Home Safe While You Are Away
- Arrange to have your mail held by the post office
- Stop your newspaper delivery for the period you will be out of town
- Leave a few lights on to give the appearance someone is home
- Don’t forget to set your security alarm if you have one
- If the temperature is expected to drop below 32 degrees, leave a faucet dripping inside your home.
View full post on City of Southlake – MySouthlakeNews